We were contacted by the business manager of the school to discuss the ongoing problems of the schools commercial heating system and boilers and lack of hot water.
We were asked to inspect and offer a solution to their ongoing issues then undertake investigative work by carrying out various temperature and pressure tests throughout the system along with asbestos tests, water pressure, gas meter sizing and pipe sizing to ensure the new boilers would have the correct flow rate.
We also carried out electrical tests. This system was designed in excess of 30 years ago and worked on a reverse return pipework which is very rare.
We found two of the four existing boilers were working and two of the heat exchangers on the other two had failed. The existing boilers were undersized for the size of the school so the radiators were only lukewarm throughout the school.
- Boilers continuously breaking down
- Central heating water not reaching desired flow temperature
- Undersized commercial boilers for heating system
- Incorrectly flued fumes entering plant room
- Two leaking commercial boilers
- Two failed heat exchangers
- Insufficient ventilation in the plant room
- Main swimming pool not reaching the desired temperature
Work Carried Out