Project DetailsClient: Embassy of Malta Location: Piccadilly Circus, London Year Completed: 2017 Value: £60,000 Boiler: Hamworthy Duration: 1 week
We were contacted by the managing agents of the Maltese Embassy due to wanting to improve their carbon footprint and become ERP compliant and to conform with current European regulations.
The boilers occasionally broke down, the flue was substandard, leaking heat exchanger on one of the boilers due to an old faulty pressurisation unit and incorrectly sized expansion vessel.
Boilers were failing, there were constant problems due to the age of the boiler. We were asked by the managing agents for the building to design a new boiler package which would be more efficient and ERP compliant as energy efficiency was strongly specified.
- Ageing existing commercial boilers
- More reliable and efficient boilers requested to reduce their carbon footprint and reduce their NoX levels
- Corroded heat exchanger on one commercial boiler
Work Carried Out
We designed and build a new A-rated plant room ensuring tenants would never run out of hot water and they would have more sufficient central heating throughout the building.
- Removed existing commercial boilers, flue-in and associated pipework and controls by a licensed waste management company
- Fitted 2 new high efficiency condensing Hamworthy purewell vari-heat PV70c commercial boilers
- Commercial boilers commissioned by manufactures and met ERP regulations
- Fitted two mikrofill 3 pressurisation units and integrated wiring into the control panel
- Gas Safe certificate issued
- Manufacturers commissioning and 24-month guarantee issued
- Individual pressurisation units to control cooling and central heating system
- Meeting NoX level required
- Carried out the installation of the requested heating system
- Work carried out in a clean and tidy manner with no disruption to the embassy
The complete system was installed and the previous system removed within 1 week.