Discuss Your Project:

020 8351 3395

Boilers: Your most frequently asked questions answered!

Boilers can be pretty confusing appliances, so it’s no wonder that so many people have so many questions about them. With this in mind, we thought we’d share our expert answers to some of your most frequently asked questions…

How much does it cost to get a new boiler?

This is a difficult question to answer, as there are many different types of boilers out there. It’s extremely important to find the best boiler and heating system for your home, which is something Priory Gas Heating can help you with. If you’re not sure which boiler is right for your home, we are happy to carry out a free survey and provide you with a no obligation quote. Our team of London plumbers are experienced in carrying out boiler installation in all types of homes including houses, flats, maisonettes, mansions, apartments and annexes.

What is a combi boiler?

Combi boilers are extremely popular today. They are basically boilers that provide households with both central heating and hot water. The great thing about having a combi boiler is that it will instantaneously heat the water when a hot tap or shower is turned on, allowing you to benefit from it immediately. With combi boilers, there is no need for separate water tanks of hot water storage cylinders, making them ideal for smaller households with limited storage space.

What are the benefits of a combi boiler?

We’ve shared some of the benefits of installing a combi boiler above,  however you can also benefit from the fact that they only produce hot water when it is actually needed. Combi boilers are also known for their smooth operation and greater reliability. Many homeowners find that their energy bills reduce significantly as a result of installing a new combi boiler.

How often do I need to have my boiler serviced?

Boilers need to be serviced annually by a Gas Safe registered heating plumber of engineer. Having your boiler serviced every year will give you peace of mind that your appliance is operating safely and efficiently. You will also be able to save money, as there will be reduced risk of future breakdowns. Many companies require you to have your boiler serviced annually in order to keep the warranty valid. Our Gas Safe registered heating plumbers are competent in carrying out high quality services on all domestic boilers.

How do I reset my boiler?

If you are having problems with your boiler and believe it needs resetting, then it’s best to follow the instructions outlined in the user guide that came with your boiler. If you can’t find your user guide, you may be able to find an online copy. For some models, you may be able to turn off the boiler at the mains power to the system and turn it back on again. If you are still having trouble, feel free to get in touch with Priory Gas Heating on 0208 351 3395.

Do I have to have my boiler serviced by the company that installed it?
No – you can have your boiler serviced by any Gas Safe registered plumber. Priory Gas Heating are more than happy to carry out services on your boiler, even if we weren’t the ones to install it. We are also qualified to carry out repairs and replacements if required, ensuring you benefit from an energy efficient heating solution.

Give us a call…

We hope we have been able to answer some of your boiler questions here. If in doubt about anything regarding your boiler, it’s always best to get in touch with our Gas Safe registered heating plumbers on 0208 351 3395. We are more than happy to provide you with the guidance you need and can send one of our London heating plumbers out to give you a helping hand.